Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Evolve!

So this past weekend I went to Evolve CG with a couple of friends. It is a job fair that is held in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Everyone would be going to this event to get jobs. This was not my purpose, I just wanted to meet some cool people and learn from them.

Well all I can say is that it was a Major success. I learned a lot from the various speakers there, especially Teagan Morrison who is the Lead Environment Artist for Naughty Dog. His lecture inspired me to revamp some of my techniques and try to make my Demo Reel as awesome as it possibly can. If I can make a Demo Reel good enough for Naughty Dog, then I am bound to be able to get a job somewhere.

Now I just wanna work on my Demo Reel 24/7 but cannot for I am still in Final Project and must work for the team. This is kind of a bummer, but I am going to try and balance the two. Team comes first, Demo Reel comes second. I do not want to abandon my team half way through Final Project. That just isn't cool.

1 comment:

Infidel said...

Hey, glad you liked my talk!

Best of luck with your demo reel.