Sunday, June 13, 2010

Updates =]

So I haven't posted in a couple of weeks now, and that is very sad =[

I have been busy with a lot of things lately. To start off, stuff like Final Project and our game Parasite.

The game is going well. A lot of things keep getting cut and the is sad, but it keeps looking more and more like an actual game, which is fantastic =]

The whole level in our game is done and it looks fantastic. Even when some great people came into our class from Rockstar , they loved it. Daft is on his 4th texture now. It keeps getting better and better with each revision. Same goes for his animations. I am re-tweaking them for the 3rd time. I just need to get it in my head that this is a cartoony game and I need to go crazy with his attacks. Tomorrow I will get another critique from our art director on what he thinks, and go from there.

We also gave FF2 and Alpha presentations a couple of weeks ago. I am the "Salesman" for our team and basically, it is my job to sell the game to the audience. So I wrote up a whole script and tired to memorize it. Bad idea. On the FF2 presentation, I completely locked up, started stuttering and even forgot to change the slides. So for Alpha, I didn't try to memorize so much and made a bunch of slides to help me along. It went much much better. I still need some practice and I need to get my enthusiasm onto the stage. Everyday I am full of energy, but when in front of a crow, I calm down a bit, which isn't what I want. Beta is in a week, I plan on doing much better!

Next off, this month we have a class called Game Cinematics along with Final Project. Basically what we do in this class is find a picture with an environment we want to do, and then try and re-create it for our demo reel. I spent loads of time trying to find the right picture, but couldn't. So I decided I would use a picture I kind of liked, and then adjust it to what I wanted.

I decided to pick this wooden church, but I am going to model the whole interior of the church and add lots of foliage. My goal is to zBrush all textures in the scene and try and hand paint all textures as well. It's a lot of work, but if I spend enough time on it, it should look good. Currently I have the blockout done and with base lighting in the UDK. Today I will finish all of the models and UV's. So next is on to zBrushing, then texturing. =] I still have 2 weeks left on it.

On a side note, I also started P90X 2 weeks ago. It's a pretty intense workout program that lasts for 90 days. Wish me luck! =]

No comments: